Thursday, October 18, 2012

Alabama

Keith had to go up to Madison, AL on a business trip and he invited me to come along. We got there about 12:45 so we had lunch and then drove to where Keith had to go. He went in and I waited in the car for 4 hrs. Played on the phone, looked at a housing magazine, slept then started watching Thor on my phone. Finally he got done. We went and checked in to La Quinta in Huntsville, AL and then to dinner. We shared a 14oz Ribeye from Lone Star Steakhouse. Yummy.
The next day we took a few side trips on the way home. One was to the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville We didn't go in but drove around and took pictures.We would like to go back sometime.
The next stop was Florence, AL. The city I was born. I haven't been there in over 45 years and I don't really remember it except through pictures. We drove to the house where we lived and it didn't change much but the city sure grew.


SR71 Blackbird






Florence Harbor





The park down the street from us on fairground rd.

Harlan Elementary   Did Pat, Nancy or Bob go here?



2355 Shade Ave
The hill we used to sled down













3 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Great pictures! I'd like to go to that space museum sometime too! I love the pictures of the house where we lived in Florence. I'm glad you took a picture of the street. I remember that hill! I don't remember sledding though, in Alabama? I do kind of remember it snowing there once or twice! The house is cute! I'm glad we lived there! I went to Harlan Elementary School. We left when I was 7, so I think I went K-2nd grade there!! Thanks so much for blogging. I love seeing those pictures!

Vallente said...

Looks like a great trip! How fun to see where you were born and your old house. And the Cali trip looks like lots of fun too! Wish we could've seen you! Love you guys!

Potrobayan said...

BEAUTIFUL